Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ease On Down The Road

Go ahead and laugh!!! LOL This was taken more than a few years ago. I had HAIR back then. I'm not sure if we (the high top/gumby haircut and I) are going to Des Moines or returning??? It was a trip down for Drake Relays. It had been years since I'd been "home" and I was excited about the return. As a child, Des Moines seemed so big to me. Not bigger than the Twin Cities, but a large city nonetheless. As we pulled into "town," I realized it was not so big to me, now that I was a grown man. Des Moines did not shrink. I realized my memories of it were thru a child's eyes. It seemed to be so big to me at age six. Everything became more proportional as an adult. Not a big or little city, not a small or large town. It was simply Des Moines. Seeing my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins was the best part of the trip. It was time well spent with good people. As an adult, this was the first trip I had taken with Snookie and a fun time was had by all. We may take long overdue roadtrip in a couple of weeks. If all goes according to plan, the two of us will be going to Lawrence, Kansas. The purpose of the trip is for family research. As early as 1880, members of the family lived in Lawrence. Some of the family homes are still standing today. I always want to know more about the family history. I've got to check this out and of course take pictures. We shall see what it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment